Thursday, December 18, 2014

Disappointed

Last week I got a telephone call from Dr. Steligas office to confirm an appointment I have in January with him and Dr. Montgomery. The nurse that called ask about a recent CT scan because they want to do another CT scan and insurance was fussing about it. This prompted me to question if Dr Travis was communicating with Dr. Steliga. After that I called Dr. Steligas office and spoke to the nurse.  She's did some checking over the past week and found there hasn't been any communication about the new tumors or for the treatment that I went through. This is very disappointing.  At my next appointment with Dr Travis I will talk about what he's doing or not doing and who he is communicating with. I expect Dr. Travis at Highland oncology to communicate with as many people as possible about the situation so that I can get whatever treatment I need.
In the meantime life goes on.  Today I got my teeth cleaned at the Dr Hanbys office. It was good to see Rolanda the hygienist that always does my teeth. Tonight we're going to eat at San Miguel's restaurant for a fundraiser of sorts.  I'm looking forward to seeing who's there and how it goes. I'm hopeful that this will spawn future events.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes doctors dont communicate because of HIPPA In my opinion its a BS reason. We lose valuable medical care because they are afraid of talking to each other and the confidential part of HIPPA. With my doctor, I signed a blanket authorization.

    ReplyDelete