Wednesday, January 28, 2015

my next step is set

I finally received a call from Houston Methodist.   I have an appointment on February 18th for an initial visit/consultation.  Then next two days are examinations and tests to determine my worthiness.  If all goes well I begin my ‘infusions’ in the following Monday or Tuesday, which is day 1.  The next day (day 2) is observations and testing to verify I can tolerate the drug.  The same with day 4.  Then I come home.  I will be in Houston for 8 or 9 days on the initial visit.  I return each week for another infusion, which continues for 6 weeks and brings me to early April when I am retested for everything.

February 18 is 3 weeks from today.  It seems so far away and it feels like it is tomorrow.  April and I talked about it last night, but not in very much about the detail.  I’m sure we’ll drive and stay in a hotel in the Houston area.  Houston Methodist is near the Zoo, which is near the middle of the City.   Aprils step-mom lives north of Houston and Aprils step-sister lives to the southeast.  I am open to any reasonably priced and located hotel.  Suggestions are welcome.

We are very hopeful. 




1 comment: