Friday, January 16, 2015

No news is still news

This week was anti-climactic.  Tuesday was a drive to Little Rock and a visit with the two surgeons who did my work last August.  Thursday was a visit with Dr Travis at Highland Oncology.

Tuesdays drive was long and slow.  Both Dr Montgomery and Dr Steliga agree with the other doctors.  1) Surgery on my lungs will not occur until after another Chemotherapy.  The tumors are situated where removal would severely affect my lung function.  2) There are a few chemotherapy drugs which may help.  They will leave chemo decisions to the chemo doctors. i.e. Dr Travis.

Wednesdays appointment was very short.  Dr Travis and I spoke for only a few minutes.   He says the Methodist hospitals near Houston has a drug trial which Dr Travis believes may help.   He shared a questionnaire about my qualifications and ask that I and April discuss it.   The questionnaire lacks any information about the treatment, which is very disappointing.  I will certainly do it because it’s what I must do.


I wish I had more information about the treatment.  Is this one treatment per week or per month or per day?  Is it 5 treatments per day?   Does is require an overnight each month or a week long treatment?  There are too many unknowns to intelligently consider it, but it is what I must do.  Dr Travis’ office will call me today and ask for our decision, which is Yes, and then they’ll start the process.  I hope to know more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment