Monday, March 16, 2015

Infusion #4

Monday, March 16.  April and I set in an empty hospital room waiting for my next infusion. It is quiet in the building at 6:30 am.  Nurses slowly arrive for their duties in other areas of the hospital.  The low clop-clop of foot steps echoing through the empty hallway only reminds me of how alone I can feel during all this. This makes me sad.

My nurse, Andrea, arrives at 7am and we begin the process.  Pre-testing then pre-meds them the infusion and then it's time for a nap. The morning is occasionally interrupted by a blood pressure cheek or blood draw or EKG.  Everything goes as expected.
The news of the day is my blood sugar. Last week my fasting blood glucose was 160+.  Today it was 180+.  My belief is this is caused by the drug I am taking. In any case I need to get with my local doctor and get it taken care of.  I tried altering my diet in the past week but it did not help so it looks like I'll need some kind of med. They also said my potassium and phosphorus are low, so I am getting supplements for them.

The rest of the trip is uneventful. We are staying with Denice, April sister, and we plan to to visit with April's step mom Charlotte.  This is the limit of our plans.  We may do something else but it's mainly doctor, doctor, then more doctor.  Thankfully there is no rain today. The past few trips were filled with rain. The forecast say we may see sunshine this week which has me a little excited.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment