Thursday, April 2, 2015

My first related ER trip

Today I am in the Springdale ER.  It started with chest issues a few weeks ago and I was treated for bronchitis.  Last week the Houston doctor prescribed Flovent and Albuteral to help clear my lungs.  These help for a little while, but my symptoms have accelerated in the past 3 days.

Around last Saturday I gained an occasional hard coughing fit, which lasted several seconds.  This leaves me short of breath and tired.  The recovery is a few minutes.  The frequency of the coughing increased last Tuesday and Wednesday and the recovery tine increased too.  The coughs began leaving me out of breath as if i had it knocked out of me.   This is frustrating and frightening.  It disrupts my work and everything I would call normal.  I so miss normal.
Here i am.  Sitting on an ER bed with an IV in my arm.  This is completely not fun.  i shared with the doctor my latest CT scan report and he is consulting with others.

Everyone, go outside for me and enjoy breathing.  I've breathed my entire life.  At times I have breathed hard.  Other times I have breathed deeply.  Sometimes I have held my breath and then enjoyed the sweet return of air.  Everyone, please enjoy breathing.

What's coming?  The next 2 weeks are regular trips to Houston.  One trip with my dad and one trip with Terah.  Then on April 20th I get a fresh CT scan!  This is the scan which reveals if the treatment is working.  That week April, my mom and I will drive to Houston.  My sister will fly and meet us.    It is a big few days.

Something just changed.  The ER doctor had a chest X-ray done.  It was inconclusive, so he is ordering a new CT scan.  Results to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment