Monday, May 11, 2015

Time moves slow slowly

It's another day and another treatment in Houston.  This morning my start was delayed when my nose began bleeding as we prepared to leave the hotel.  My nose bleeds frequency is staying consistent, but it is still very annoying.  At least it is consistent and manageable.

Nothing has changes in the last week, but  many possible changes are pending.  I have an appointing with Dr Travis (Highland Oncology in Fayetteville, AR) on May 13th and I have an appointment with Dr Iyre (Houston Methodist) on May 18th and I continue to email with NIH in Bethesda, MD. Many possible changes are on the horizon.

As for myself I am growing tired of all of this.  I plan to continue, but it is tiring.  April and I have crossed words more than once about this or around this subject.  Our funds are limited (as with everyone else earth) so we can only afford to do so much.  The rooms are good, but we don't stay in any 5-star hotels.  Money is mostly dedicated to travel and time is almost completely dedicated to treatments so there's not much left for general fun.  Fun for me is being outside.  i.e. gardening, fishing, camping.  Weather and travel have eliminated this, which just adds to my stress since my normal outlets are gone.  Maybe I can start doing some things after the spring stormy season has passed.

April and I did spend this past Friday evening and Saturday in Branson, MO with my parents.  We watched a troop of Chinese acrobats which was nice.  I was tired and I drifted off for a minute, but April nudged me.  We also ate at a place named Whipper Snappers which had a Seafood buffet.  It as all-you-can-eat crab legs and lobster and other stuff.  The crab was good and the service was good and the floor was slippery.  I used the wheel chair.

My dad is with me during this trip to Houston.  We left from Branson and drove to Houston.  Google said it was no took 10.5 hours to drive the distance and it took us 10.5 hours.  We don't wastes time when er travel together.

No comments:

Post a Comment