Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Chemo again

Here we go again!  Another chemo for Damon.  Terah's wedding was gorgeous and Damon did a  fantastic job walking her down the isle and the father daughter dance.  Everyone was crying !  We are glad that the Clarks had a great honeymoon.  They went to Branson and stayed at a new resort and played and went to SDC, The Wax Museum and even went to Ripley's Believe It or Not!  I am jealous. They told everyone they were on their honeymoon and of course received perefential tretament😊. We raised our daughter right!  Damon and I had a even better time spending time with his sister Angelica, but I call her Kelley.  She ran around town with us and helped us do a few last minute things for the wedding, went with Damon to a Snell appointment and was able to see what it is like to work on getting a  prosthetic, and then she spent Monday night with Damon and I at our home watching Tropic Thunder.  She had never seen it!
Damon has been dreading today. Mainly because he knows what comes along with it.  Tiredness, nausea, all of it.  It is definitely not fun but he knows that it needs to be done and continues to be a complete inspiration to me.  I made a joke about next it would be me who lost a leg and it would be the left on so he and I could walk together.  He asked me if I thought I could do it. I thought about it and I know that I don't think I would survive it. I think that I would lose hope. But I also know that I would have him next to me to give me more hope than I ever thought possible because he does that every day for me already.
I am not looking forward to the next week but I will be next to Damon at all times, whether he wants me there or not!😍😛
Sorry that the blogging has been behind lately.  We just had so many things to do to get ready foe the wedding that we had no more time. If Damon wasn't practicing to walk with the prosthetic, at work, or fighting chemo, he was asleep.  Me as well.  So hopefully now we will keep you updated better.  Love all of you for being such great friends and sending us your love, compassion, caring and prayers. Please keep it up cause we are still fighting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment