Thursday, February 5, 2015

A day at the beach.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
        In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
            Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                other times there were one set of footprints,
                    there was a period with one foot print and a drag mark,
                        and another with two line and then 4 lines?,
                            and then back to one and that drag mark.
                        What really bothered me was I noticed
                    periodical depressions where something landed...hard.
                One interval was filled with a large stain...IS THAT BLOOD!
            When I was suffering from
        anguish, sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only changes in the sand.
Those damn waves make reading this trail a pain.  Stop that, Lord!
So I said to the Lord,
    "You promised me Lord,
        that if I followed you,
            you would walk with me always."
                Then I said to the Lord.
                       "What the HELL!
                        In the most trying periods of my life
                            there have only been one
                                set of footprints in the sand.
                                    Why, when I needed you most,
                                        you have not been there for me?"
                                    The Lord replied,
                                "The times when you have
                            seen only one set of footprints,
                        is when I carried you.  Drop some weight, dude
                    There was a point when I tried
                a wheelchair and then a gurney,
            but that sucked in the sand.
        and I dropped you a few times.
    Sorry about that,
and the leg too.

No comments:

Post a Comment