Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Things can happen fast

I took a real body blow today.  The tumors are growing more slowly, which is incredibly good, but one of them is growing in a bad direction.  I missed the importance of this detail in my conversation with Dr. Iyre, but it was slammed home today with Dr. Ramchandani, which is the thoracic surgeon.

One of the tumors was near, but not touching, one of my bronchial passages.  We've discussed this point at work.  The tumor has now infiltrated that bronchial tube and Dr. R is very worried about this.  He is scheduling a bronchoscope for Thursday or Friday to visually inspect the tumor.  He is also scheduling a PET scan for Monday.  If the results are favorable then he'll schedule a lung surgery ASAP.  If the results are not favorable then I search the country for a more aggressive treatment.  

So, what does this mean?  I will not be back this week.  I am stuck in Houston until some questions are answered.  Possibly I will not be back next week.  A surgery on my lungs has always been in my future but I never really expected to be now.  I always felt it was out there somewhere.  It's like knowing there are bears in the woods and then walking up on one.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment