Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chemotherapy round 2

Well, here we are again at Highlands Oncology.  They found out that the tumor was not muscle related, but bone related.  Meaning that Damon has a bone cancer. They do consider him cancer free right now and they are hoping that the new regiment drugs will kill any cancer cells that he may have. He has a great nurse that is doing a fantastic job taking care of him.  
He ended up being very emotional again this morning.  Last night he could not rest so when got up he just decided to lie down on the couch and then stayed there until it was time to get ready for chemo.  While he was get ready for the shower, our dogs started to fight. Tunney, the Corgi, and Frodo, the Jack Russel, ganged up on Loki, the half Pom half Chihuahua.  It took me a few minutes to break it and then I kicked the big ones of the room.  I was checking on Loki to make sure they had not done damage, when Damon came out of the bathroom and was crying, wanted to make sure that Loki was ok.  Loki is just fine. His fur was a little wet but no injuries.  Thank God!!! I am not sure how Damon would have taken not. He said he is purposely not going in the living room, where the other dogs are, because he did not want to hurt a dog.  
I have to say that I have no idea how to handle his emotional times.  I have been with him since I was 13 and he was 14. We have been through a lot together and are still as much in love as we have ever been.  But when he has a break down, To be honest, I am scared.  Imagine the one person in your life who has always been the rock of the family, the one that got things done, could handle anything and always did it well is suddenly the now who needs your help the most. I love this man more than words can say. He has been the "constant" in my life.  I worry that I will not to be able to take care of him as well as he has taken care of me and his family.  To fail in being there for him or not be able to make him feel better or get the things that he needs, etc., would be the worst thing. I have no words for it.  
To everyone who has been there for him and us, I thank you more than could ever know!!!! Damon will be posting an addition to his blog soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment