Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My first fall since the surgery

My first fall finally happened.  April, Terah, and I went to the movies.  We watched the ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ which was entertaining but not great.   The 4:40 matinee was mostly empty so I decided I wanted to watch from one of the upper rows.  I park the wheel chair and we begin up the stairs.  Hop.  Hop.  Hop.  I reach the third row with no problem.  Next, I reach over and grab the armrest with my right hand the top of the row 2 seat with my left.  Hop – swish, my foot slides as soon as it hits the hard, non-carpeted floor.  Terah said I went down as straight as board.  I held my grip on the arm rest and row 2 seat as my foot rushed away from me and my body went down.   My butt hits the floor, followed by my left elbow and then by head.  Thankfully I go down as controlled as possible and it’s a relatively soft landing.  The only damage is a sore left elbow.  Lesson learned.  Theater floors are often wet.

The rest of the day was a good one.  April and I lounged around and did a lot of nothing.  It was very restful.

No comments:

Post a Comment