Saturday, September 6, 2014

Last day for the MealTrain

I now have the first piece of my prosthetic leg.  It's a gray, translucent, rubber boot which covers my stump.  The boot has a threaded port at the bottom for attaching to my new leg.  I wear it while I'm awake and take it off at night so my leg can breathe.  It's less comfortable than the cloth shrinker but I'll get used to it. 
I've declared today a day of rest.  I've spent nearly the whole day on the couch.  I woke up this morning with a very sore right arm and hand.  I must have slept on it all night.  This makes using the walker more difficult, but it's still very doable.
I scared April this morning.  I was laying on the couch when she got up.  I propped myself up on one elbow to talk.  As I leaned my heart began racing.  I could feel it beating hard in my chest and I became a little short of breath.  I set up and said 'I don't want to scare you but I don't feel well.'  I describe the situation and she wants to call 911.  It begins to ease and she calls my dad instead.  10 minutes later I am fine.  If it happens again then I'll probably say OK to getting checked.  I'm passed my out-of-pocket for insurence so I should get everything check which I can.
Tomorrow we meet Terah at Saint Catherine's so we can walk through the ceremony.  I need to see the path I'm walking so I can prepare.  Everything points to me having a leg by then.  I'll start working on plan-B just in case.
Today was our last stop on the meal-train.  Last night Gary Ruisinger brought Jim's Razorback Pizza and tonight Daniel and Deborah Summers brought Olive Garden.  Both were delicious and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment