Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First day back to work

Today was my first day back to work since my leg amputation.  It went splendidly.  I deleted about 2000 email and soon I'll be back up to speed.  I'm very excited.  Everyone I spoke with was supportive and glad to see me.  I work with great people.
Today was also my first full appointment with Snell Prosthetics.  We spoke for about an hour about types and time lines.  My goal is to walk before October 4th fof Terah's wedding.  I am very encouraged after the conversation at Snell.  As a backup plan I also bought the material for casting my leg in case I must build my own prosthetic.  We may build one anyway because how cool is that.
The biggest downer of the day is the phantom pain in my right foot.  Periodically I feel an electric shock on the bottom of my missing foot.  April gasp the first time I nearly collapsed in the floor from the pain. After the 4th or 5th time she chuckled a little.  I don't blame her.  I know it looks quite comedic and I must laugh a little too in between the convulsions.  Seriously, it feels like something the Vietnamese did to Rambo in an 80s movie.
I return to work again tomorrow.  I plan to work half days this week so I do not overtax my body.  I am super happy about working again, but I recognize I am not super human.  At least not until I get my bionic leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment