Sunday, August 31, 2014

I think I'm me again, world!

I now feel like me.  We re-balanced my medications and I feel much much better.   This is the first time in my life that I have medication which required such close scrutiny.  Hopefully I will not be on these for too long.  This is a powerful lesson learned.
April and I went to the Prairie Grove Clothesline Fair this morning.  The sun was shining, we met several nice people, and I bought a small wooden cabinet to organize my junk.  I believe this is the first item I've bought strictly for myself from a craft fair. Maybe I need to check those meds again.  We met a talkative woman who was also an amputee.  She had some recomendations and prostetics and life in general.  We left as it was becoming hot and ate lunch at Jim's Razorback Pizza.  We like their Spanish Pie.
I'm torn about using the handicapped parking spaces.  I am handicapped, but others need it more than me.  So far it's a case by case parking situation.   We've used it at Walmart and I-Hop (that's funny right there), but not at Denny's or Jim's Razorback.  It all depends on the terrain.  Some parking lots are not conducive to wheel chairs.  Example:  The parking at the Fayetteville Best Buy has a long slope.  It does not look like much, but that is a chore in a wheel chair.  It's doable, but we used the special parking.
I appreciate the special notes from my last post.  Normally I would not share such things, but I want everyone who may read this to know that there are hard days.  Having cancer and losing a limb are painful and traumatic events.  There are good days and bad.  There are good hours and bad.  The goal is to have more good and to find that little bit of good which is hiding in the bad.
My final thought of the day: People say 'every cloud has a silver lining.'  This is wonderful until a silver laden cloud comes crashing down around you.  It hurts.

2 comments:

  1. We wouldn't think you were truly human if you didn't have SOME bad moments during this time. You've been through an incredible ordeal - and your attitude and experiences shared has been nothing short of amazing. So...don't be upset that you aren't (completely) "Superman" and can't actually withstand anything with the greatest of ease....but going through it with the courage and honesty you have is still inspiring to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Stacie said; praying for you as you travel this difficult journey.

    ReplyDelete