Saturday, August 23, 2014

A hot day in NW Arkansas

Today was HOT!  Simply going outside was instsnt exertion.  I probably sweat a full gallon of fluids.
Jeff Kulbeth mowed our lawn this morning, which may be the last time this summer.  It was 8am and already sweltering.  He stayed and visited with me and I had a good time.  He and I and others are looking at methods of modifying my mower so it is accessable to me.  This will be a fun project after I'm healed.
After Jeff's visit I picked up my mother and we went to the Fayetteville Farmers Market.  This is at about 10am and it's even hotter.  I drove my truck and used my wheel chair. The Fayetteville square was packed with people and this was the my largest public appearence so far.  We made 2 laps.  I bought a mellon and apples.  My mom bought lamb chops and okra.  Then we went to Harps and headed home and it was time for a nap.
Last night April and I went to dinner with Bobbi and Ben Boyd.  These are wonderful people.   I had a great time talking about everything; my situation, camping, motorcycles, friends, and so much more.  It's important to me to not be 'the guy in the wheel chair.'  and most people get that.  Ben and Bobbi and Jeff are great examples of this.  I will need help from time to time until I have thing arranged.  Mostly I only need friends.
I also want to mention my first MealTrain delivery by friend A.S..  I'll omit their name until they say it's ok to post it.  It was delicious and appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure going out you and April. You guys are our king of people and we cherish our friendship with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was my pleasure to help. It was good to just sit and talk and enjoy the occasional breeze off the hill. We'll get that mower figured out and you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Now, we talked about camping... When it cools off, let's head out. Nothing calms the soul like a campfire and a bottle of Buffalo. And beans. With bacon.

    ReplyDelete