Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July 08, 2014 9:48 AM

From: Brewer, Damon
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:48 AM
To: Brewer, Damon
Subject: RE: My health (Damon)

Can you believe it’s July?  We’ve had a mild summer so far, which I greatly appreciate, but the journey is far from done.

There’s not much to say.  I’ve had two chemo treatments and 16 radiation treatments so far.  I have 6 radiations treatments remaining.  The first chemo was not kind to my body.  The second was not pleasant, but was much, much easier than the first.  The radiation treatments consist of lying on a table for 20 minutes while an Optimus-Prime type machine moves around me.  It clicks and hums and buzzes, but it’s painless.

My next trip to Little Rock is in two weeks.  They say to expect a minimum of 4 weeks between radiation and surgery, so that pushes any real recovery in to August at the earliest.  Darn.

I still work every day and I’m still more active than my wife likes.  Everyone at home and work are supportive.  The weather is beautiful.  I cannot complain.

That’s the latest.  Share as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment