Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I am up and mostly mobile

It's Tuesday afternoon.  I am setting in the chair and waiting for lunch.  April left for a few minutes to help Charlette and Denise at the hotel.
Yesterday sucked really bad.  I woke up from surgery at about 9:30 and was stuck in the recovery room until 4pm because no room was available.   It was so very hard to breathe.  I could only inhale enough to speak about 2 words at a time.  I had a chest tube in my back and every movement caused pain.   Any exertion caused me to lose my breath because I could not inhale enough to stay oxygenated.  I spent the first 20 hours focused on breathing.  After any exertion I could inhale barely enough to quietly say 'better'.  That's how I spent Monday night.
Now it's time to rest.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment