Tuesday, August 5, 2014

April 09, 2014 8:04 AM

From: Brewer, Damon
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 8:04 AM
To: …
Subject: My health

I'll start by saying that I am very healthy in general.  The bad news is they're trying to diagnose me with a carsanoma (cancer) in my leg.  I've had an ultrasound, x-rays, 2 MRI, and now a CT scan of my lungs.

I noticed my leg wasn't right last summer, but I thought it was weight and activity related.  In November I noticed a mass on the back of my right leg.  In January I went to the Dr and we assumed it was a sport related hematoma.  In Feb he sent me to an orthopedist because it was not getting better.  Tuesday I went to the UAMS Oncology department.  They did the CT scan and are scheduling a needle biopsy.

The mass is about 4cm x 7cm x 11cm and is between my thigh and musculature.  Needless to say it now hurts like an SOB.

The doctor said that these types of tumors, because of its size and location, is usually malignant.  Hopefully they can push insurance and get my biopsy next week. If definitely malignant then they’ll be aggressive and do chemo and radiation to shrink it before removing it.  If it’s not malignant they will just do surgery to remove it. The doctor is pretty sure it is malignant.

I should know the result of me CT scan today or tomorrow.  I expect have the biopsy schedule for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment