Monday, August 11, 2014

Recovery

Damon has now been sent to recovery. The surgery took twice as long due to the tumor being fed by more blood vessels than expected.   He had more blood loss than expected but they gave him several units of blood.  He will be in recovery for several hours depending on his pain level and lucidity.  They were unable to do the block for pain. So Damon may have more physical pain and phantom pain.  We will have to wait and see. No day to go home yet. I expect Wednesday or Thursday.
I want to thank my family and friends for helping me through this. Latrisha, Houston, Joshua and Baby Alyssa: You guys have no idea what it means to Damon, Terah and I that your drove up to be with us. We love you dearly!!! Courtney and Jeff: Thanks for being as good of a friend to me as you are to Damon and thanks for dinner!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!!!! Hard to get any work done (but we are trying), we are all glued to your posts. :-) Thank YOU so much! (Words truly can't convey; and people are routinely walking by to check on him or see if we've read.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attempt to adequately express mine and Bobbi's feelings about this terrible ordeal will undoubtedly fall short, but nevertheless I'll try. Firstly, we owe our thanks to God that Damon made it through the surgery and is being cared for by his loving family. The specific outcome we'd all hoped for may not have come to pass, but Damon is here with us and for that, we are forever grateful. By the grace of God, I've never had to go through what you’ve been asked to endure, but I'm quite certain I couldn't have done it with the courage and dignity you’ve shown throughout this unbelievable hardship. Hard times don't necessarily bring with them hardened hearts and Damon is living proof of that. Secondly, we know there will be even more trying times ahead for Damon and his family as they make their way through what is sure to be a very difficult recovery. We pray that God will continue to bless Damon and his family with strength, compassion and understanding during this time. Lastly, please know that Bobbi and I are here for you and want to help in any way we can. Although we can’t pretend to understand what you are going through, we vow to be there for you if you need us. You are not now, and never will be, alone. God’s Speed, Damon. –Ben and Bobbi

    ReplyDelete