Wednesday, August 27, 2014

That was a room full of white coats

Dr Montgomery and his team of 4 came in.  They looked at my leg stitches and then removed them!  Awesome!  We also talked about the tumor and my long term prognosis.
The pathology department identified my tumor as bone related.  I do not remember the long name.  This partially explains why it did not respond to the previous chemo, but it also means that I have more chemo coming.  While Dr Montgomery's team removed my stitches Dr Stelig and his team of 4 came in.  There were 6 doctors, 4 students, and me in the room.  My nurse (Shelly) looked in and said she would come back later. 
Dr Stelig said everything looked good and I will be out today.  Both doctor said my margins (the flesh surrounding the removed tumors) was clear, which is tremendous news!  I still get more chemo in Fayetteville, but this is precautionary.
As I write this I am setting in a normal chair, I have an IV in my left hand, but it's not attached to anything, I can breathe nearly normally, and I have a full tummy.  Breakfast was very good, but that may be because I'm in a good mood.  I am not attached to anything and I have no stitches.
My job today is to wait patiently.  I expect to be out today, but it could be any time from now to 10 tonight.  April and I may drive home or we may stay in Little Rock one more night.  This primarily depends on when I'm released and then on how we feel.  In either case I will sleep next to April tonight.
Upcoming:  I will call Dr Montgomery's office on Friday afternoon.  They will setup another appointment on a Tuesday so I can see both Dr Montgomery and Dr Stelig on one day.  I expect to get a fresh chest x-ray that day and maybe another CT scan.  They will also coordinate with Highland Oncology in Fayetteville so I can get more Chemo. 
That's all for now.  I feel good and I'm raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment