Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Good morning, Tuesday

Monday was a real good day.  I had physical theraly in the morning and afternoon.  The AM session included time in the weight room, laps in the therapy room, stairs, and other stretches and exercises.  The afternoon session was a bit slower, but I explored  the outside for the second time since the removal.  The therapist, Matt, took me outside so I could do the 'ramp'.  This is a long wheel chair ramp which traverses about 15 vertical feet.  It has three islands/turns and I estimate its length at 200 feet. This was a real challenge and I expect to do it again today.  It did do things a little slower because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday wore me down.  I did less lower body, but did lots of upper body.
Now its Tuesday.  I have my stump-shinker from Snells.  The rep was names Michael and was a wonderful representative of their company.  He measured my legs and gave me two shrinkers.  I should wear one at all times until my prosthetic is ready.  We talked for about 30 minutes about the shrinker, prosthetics, and his experiences.  Dr. Kiser came and I reiterated my goal of walking by October 4.  Both say that is a lofty goal, but it is doable if everything goes right.  My fingers are crossed.

4 comments:

  1. How long will you be at there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you all know you are in my thoughts and prayers. :) I hope you all have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you discuss with Michael the LED screen and bottle opener in the prosthetic like we talked about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that things are going well. :) The PT sounds exhausting but definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete