Friday, August 22, 2014

Busy few days

We've done a lot in the past few days.  I was released from Baptist medical on Wednesday and we drove home.  I can say 'we' because I drove from Ozark to home.  April was so worn from the past week and she needed a break.  Terah met us at the house and cooked dinner and it was delicious.  Thursday we visited with our general doctor (L. Schemmel), ate lunch, and then visited my work.  You can't ask for better friends.  We talked for nearly 2 hours answering questions and telling stories.  The visit was both  humbling and uplifting and it only reinforces my resolve.  The day ended with Walmart and Tractor Supply.
My dad came to our house this morning and helped me clean some isles in the garage.  He also built a ramp in to my house while we were in Little Rock.  My father inspires and astounds me.  I can never express the appreciation I have for my parents.  Both are humble and selfless.  Anything I write in this blog falls too short to describe my feeling for them. I will summarize by saying 'Thank You for everything.'
Now we set at the DMV to get my official sticker.  I called the Highway Patrol on Wednesday.  They told me there were NO restriction on my driving a car with an automatic transmission.  The DMV will flag my license as 'no standards', but that's it!  I am street legal!
I feel pretty good today.  April changed my bandages, which is not a simple thing, and this resolved some unpleasant itching.   After my father and I finished the garage April and I lay on the couch and napped.  Now the DMV, then the store and back home.  Dinner with friends tonight.

1 comment:

  1. We ALL were so HAPPY to see you and April at the office. You are definitely AMAZING. I think between you and April you can conquer ANYTHING.
    Seeing you get around, makes everyone believe you have dealt with this for years.

    ReplyDelete