Thursday, August 28, 2014

Preparing to leave Little Rock

Last night was a very long night.  I thought that I could use my existing pain medication until I got home.  I was wrong.  At 11pm I was up trying to find a 24hour pharmacy to fill my new medicines.  Those allowed me to sleep.  For some reason I still woke up every 2 hours.
This morning was my first shower since the 10th.  The hot water felt very good.  I can not soak yet, but I can shower and scrub.
Breakfast at the Wingate by Wyndham was exquisite.  I had eggs and sausage and toast and a biscuit and I ate all I wanted.  The hospital food was good, but eating on the outside is so much better.
We are preparing to leave the hotel and head home.   We'll stop several times to stretch so home is still several hours away.  I want to visit 'The Container Store' before we leave Little Rock.  Terah and Patrick went there when they were here.  They may have handy containers for my new chair or walker.  And I want to see a store which sells nothing but containers.  How cool is that?!  If only 'Spatula City' was next door.  That would be the bomb!
I'll report later about 'The Container Store' and I'll see some of you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I may get in trouble for posting this, but we started a Mealtrain to hopefully ease Damon & April's post regimen just a bit. You can go and visit at: https://mealtrain.com/g8rg8 (and sign up for a day if you want to deliver a meal for 2 or 3.) Just keep eyes open for any changes in dietary requests and make sure about the address.

    ReplyDelete