Tuesday, August 5, 2014

May 24, 2014 10:30 AM

From: Brewer, Damon
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 10:30 AM
Subject: FW: My health (Damon)

Hello, everyone.  I promised to keep people updated, so here is the latest.

My chemo therapy starts the Tuesday after memorial day.  I am both excited and anxious.   I’m not scared, but my wife (April) is scared enough for both of us.  They said everyone responds differently to the chemo so I have not expectation.  I get 6 days to recover from the chemo before I get radiation, which is schedule for the following Monday.

I still feel good and I am as active as is practical.  I am becoming more tired (physically and emotionally), but it’s important that I keep moving.   My activity level is still good.  Last weekend I built a small deck for a hot tub and rebuilt the tubs water pump.  It took two days, but I did it.

For those that don’t know I am usually at work around 6am, which is about the time the sun rises.  I recommend stopping to watch the sun rise if you have not done this recently.  We can do it together. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment