Sunday, August 17, 2014

It was long afternoon in bed

Today was a long day. I had physical therapy from 10am to 1130am.  The first 45 minutes were done from the wheel chair using an exercise band.  It was all shoulder exercises.  The second 45 minutes were on a padded table doing hip exercises or in the walker doing laps around portions of the room.  Each day I've accomplished more than the day before.  I am a little proud of myself. 
My hip deflection was +20 degrees on Friday.  Today it was +15 degrees, which is better.  It needs to be 0 degree (straight with my back) or some negative number. I think -20 would be great.  The deflection measures how far back I can bend my leg.  The positive number means that I cannot pull my leg to straight, much less back. Everyone should lie face down on the floor and try this.  Let me know how you did so I can set a realistic expectation.
Today was so long because my leg hurt all day.  I worked really hard on Friday, Saturday and today and I paid for it.  I was so sore on all levels that I ask the nurse and duty doctor about adjusting my pain pills, which they did.  I'll go easier tomorrow because I do not want to hurt myself more.
Have a good night and a good tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. How was your Monday? We all look forward to hearing about your progress and want to ensure you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete