Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday evening

It's still Tuesday.  April returned to the hotel and I finished dinner.  I am much better now than this morning. I slept several hours last night but it was only 15-20 minutes in any one segment.  I knew this would hurt, but I did not anticipate that much pain or exhaustion.
They removed my chest tube from my back around lunch.   The tube was inserted between some ribs for better stability.  Ribs are tough, but this small tube felt like a 3 inch PVC pipe.  It took a few hours to adjust, but I can lay on my back now without too much discomfort.  The act of laying down still hurts, but I can stay there once I reach the bed.  The adjustable hospital bed helps this.
Charlette, Aprils step-mom, and Denise, Aprils step-sister, left this afternoon.  These are wonderful people.  I was glad for their visit.  I expect to see our niece Trish and her family tomorrow. 
I think the first 30 hours of this recovery is worse than the first 30 of my leg removal.  I am getting better faster and I expect the next 30 hours to be full of recovery.  I also hope to be released tomorrow.  In any case we'll stay in Little Rock until Friday for the follow up appointment about my leg surgery.  I believe they will remove my stitches on Friday, which will make me very happy.
I need to ask both the leg and chest doctor about my return to work.  I plan to return on September 2, but I need the official OK from the doctors.  I'll need some time off and flexability for appointments, but I really miss my friends.
That's all for now.  It's only 6:30 pm, but it's sleep time for me.
More later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are doing better Damon. The description of this recovery sounded so uncomfortable. See you soon but not too soon. Doc knows best. Take care.

    ReplyDelete