Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's Wednesday and I'm OK

Wednesday morning is here and I am doing much better.  They gave me a breathing exercise apparatus on Monday.  If you've been hospitalized then I'm sure you've had one of these.  Monday I could barely inhale 500ml.  I could inhale nearly 1200ml by the end of Tuesday.  This morning I can inhale a little more than 2000.  I think 2000 is within the normal range.  Prior to the surgery I could get to 3000 so this is my goal.
Dr. Stelig's team visited at 6:45am.  They say I'm doing well and I expect to be discharged today.  The pain associated with the chect surgery is mostly gone.  Using my upper body is still a strain, but I can get up and down and move around the room.
The pain from the leg surgery is now center stage.  I need to get back on my regular perscriotions so I can restart my exercises and recovery.
...doctors are here.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment